Believe, Achieve, Care
Values & Ethos
At Goffs Oak Primary and Nursery School we are committed to securing high quality outcomes for all children.
We work in partnership with parents to provide a secure and stimulating environment in which the children can develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically through a range of experiences and opportunities. We offer a broad, balanced and creative curriculum in which high expectations and standards are worked towards in order to support each child’s efforts to achieve their full potential.
We encourage children to make every effort to try their hardest, both in their academic work and in their personal behaviour in environment that fosters co-operation, self-confidence, independence, tolerance, pride and above all the desire to learn.
- To create a happy school environment and to encourage children to live in harmony with home, school, the immediate and the wider community.
- To challenge children to develop independent, lively and inquiring minds, to foster their ability to question and argue rationally and to encourage them to have a positive attitude to their learning.
- To encourage in each child, courtesy and good manners, a respect for other people, their religions and cultures and to prepare children for life in our multicultural society.
- To develop in each child a good command and understanding of the English Language, both written and spoken to facilitate effective communication and to encourage the enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a sound knowledge and understanding of mathematical skills and the ability to use them in a variety of situations.
- To teach a broad and balanced curriculum to provide children with a range of experiences and to develop the skills necessary to continue their educational journey.
- To ensure that the special needs of children in our care are catered for as fully as possible, in accordance with current legislation.
The mission of the school is to provide all children with the opportunity to achieve their potential academically, socially and physically in a caring and well-ordered environment where each child can thrive and develop a sense of responsibility and worth.